AVPro Edge presents its first 18Gbps over copper extender. Using ICT (Invisible Compression Technology) AVPro Edge has achieved what was thought to be impossible; deliver a virtually lossless high bandwidth 4K HDR signal with support for all signals up to 18Gbps. Deep Color and HDR Metadata remain intact making the transmission free of artifacts like banding. Other similar devices will deliver a sub-par image that has very visible banding and color shifting.
ICT (Invisible Compression Technology) on the HDBaseT Outputs is a revolution in HDMI extension technology. This proprietary technology can compress high bandwidth HDMI signals into a more manageable size to fit through a CAT Cable "pipe". The ICT algorithm can manage all flavors of HDR including 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0 as well as signals up to 18Gbps and 4K 60Hz 4:4:4. The architecture of ICT allows it to be compatible with all chroma subsampling types, color spaces and HDMI Deep Color up to 12 Bit. AVPro Edge's technology is unique because it is truly invisible. It is not only invisible to the human eye, it is invisible to HDMI test gear and other sink devices, what comes in is what goes out. What makes ICT special is that AVPro Edge preserves HDR Metadata and color information and depth in its full, original, integrity. Other compression technologies sacrifice these to save space and it will cause very visible banding, color shifting and motion artifacts in the image.
The length of manufactured HDMI cable is unchangeable after it is made and they are unreliable after about 25ft. Additionally, HDMI connectors can only be terminated in specialized factory environment due to its extremely high frequencies and high density. This does not allow installers or users to remake or make cables on a DIY basis. CAT-5E/6A cables are available widely and can be reworked easily by the installer or end-user. Additionally, using CAT cable allows the user to change components as technology changes. By using AC-EX100-444-KIT, the transmission distance for HD 1080P is up to 1000 meters (330’) and UHD, 4K resolution the distance reaches an impressive 70 meters (230’).
The AC-EX100-444-KIT has a scaling circuit built into the transmitter. The scaler can scale 4K (and HDR) --> 1080P. A common application for this is when integrators have a 4K distribution and one or two displays that are older. Integrators can use the extender to scale down where it is needed to and not have to reduce the entire system. The AC-EX100-444-KIT does the heavy lifting, eliminating the need to add additional boxes. This is an ideal choice for extension for projects requiring an 18G matrix like the AC-MX1616-AUHD.
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support (Using ICT)
- Ultra Slim (.47 inch/12mm)
- Up to 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- HDR, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- 4K -> 1080P Down-scaling for mixed systems
- Audio Return Channel on HDMI or TOSLINK (ARC)
- EDID Management and EDID emulate
- 4K & HD Test Patterns built into Tx and Rx for troubleshooting
- Ethernet Hub Capability
- L/R Audio Extraction on Tx and Rx
- HDCP 2.2 (and all earlier versions supported)
- CEC Pass Through
- 3D Support
- 100M (330ft) on 1080P (Cat6a)
- Up to 100m (230ft) on 4K (up to 4K60 4:4:4, HDR) (Cat6a)
- Bi-directional 48v PoH (Power Over HDBaseT, only one Power Supply Needed)
- I-Pass Feature for control system "pass-through"
- 3-20v protection circuit built in for safe IR transport
- Bi Directional RS232 Transport
- LED Status, Link, Power indication lights
- Use single UTP/STP LAN cable (CAT-5E/6A) with substitute HDMI cable to achieve long distance transmission.
- Supports uncompressed PCM 2- Ch., LPCM 5.1 & 7.1, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio, Atmos
- ESD protection circuitry (Inputs & Outputs) to 7KV
- Can Cascade