The sleek, solidly built M25 from Boston Acoustics delivers exceptionally accurate and natural sound from a conveniently sized bookshelf design. It takes advantage of the latest advancements in Boston's speaker technology to bring your home entertainment to life — whether you're using a pair for stereo music, or creating a complete surround sound system. And the M25 looks every bit as good as it sounds, sporting a deep, black piano lacquer finish with luxurious leather-feel trim.
Advanced drivers for detailed, dynamic sound
Boston's Extended Wide Bandwidth dome tweeter lets the M25 really sing with silky, transparent highs. Unlike most tweeters, this one has a dimple in the middle that stabilizes the linear motion of the tweeter for significantly lower distortion, improved dispersion for a deep, expansive soundstage, and greater clarity over a broad range of frequencies. The M25 also delivers dynamic mids and bass thanks to a 5-1/4" polypropylene woofer and an acoustically tuned port.
Better cabinet construction improves performance
Cabinet vibration, or resonance, is the enemy of clear sound. It adds distortion and coloration to music and vocals. Boston's M Series speakers fight vibration with LoQ™ cabinet construction. By using two sheets of MDF (medium density fiberboard) with a special damping adhesive layer between them, Boston created an enclosure that provides the acoustic deadening of much thicker materials without the drawbacks of added weight and increased size. The result is a relatively compact, lightweight speaker that has a very low resonance — or in speaker-speak, a low “Q.”
In addition to the Lo-Q cabinet material, Boston also used a scanning laser vibrometer to critically position the M Series cabinets' internal braces where they provided the most benefit, and added heavy-duty absorptive cabinet fill to eliminate internal standing waves. These advanced cabinet building techniques and materials result in speakers with impressive transparency and a large, detailed soundstage.
- 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth soft dome tweeter for clarity and low distortion
- 5-1/4" polypropylene cone woofer supplies dynamic bass
- Bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- Boston Lo-Q™ cabinet construction reduces vibration and eliminates unwanted resonance
- High-quality crossover network circuit boards and components for outstanding phase and timing accuracy
- Laser-based vibration measurements ensure optimized placement of internal bracing and driver mounting points to minimize cabinet resonance
- High-gloss black piano lacquer finish with leatherette covered baffle
- Frequency response: 62-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- Recommended amplifier power: 50-200 watts
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 6-7/8"W x 12-3/8"H x 10-1/8"D