SoundTouch Wireless Link: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link transforms your existing home audio system into a wireless music system. The SoundTouch Wireless Link gives you access to wireless music through your existing speakers - such as a stereo system, home theater system or powered speakers. It uses your home's Wi-Fi network or your Bluetooth source devices for access to select online music services and saved music libraries. The Wireless Link easily expands & syncs with other SoundTouch speakers to stream music throughout your home. Best of all, its easily controlled from the palm of your hand using the SoundTouch app for Apple iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac.
SoundTouch Wireless Audio: The SoundTouch Wireless Link is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. The SoundTouch ecosystem is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
Multiroom Audio: For most home networks, you can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. For more than four rooms, Bose recommends using Ethernet wired connections to some of the SoundTouch systems. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. Compatible sources include -
- Internet radio & online music services
- Bluetooth & computer audio
- Aux input
Built-in WiFi: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link offers built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) to wirelessly connect to your home network. The SoundTouch Wireless Link's WiFi network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (7.0+) device or Android (4.1+) smartphone/tablet.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch Wireless Link from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback through the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link from your Windows PC (XP/7/8/10) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch wireless audio ecosystem supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: Bose SoundTouch lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: Bose SoundTouch can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, Bose SoundTouch wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices (via SSP or NFC) with one actively connected.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, the SoundTouch Wireless Link is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting almost any portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output. An available firmware update lets you distribute the aux input for multiroom audio.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link is equipped with a minijack (3.5mm) output that can serve as an analog or digital output. Only 2ch PCM audio signals are supported (does not support Dolby Digital/DTS).
Alexa Skill (via Firmware Update): The new Bose Skill for Amazon Alexa is available through a free network firmware update and is enabled through the Skills section of the Amazon Alexa companion app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The update enables you to control certain elements of the SoundTouch experience through Alexa by speaking to an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Echo Show, or other Alexa-enabled device. Simply say "Alexa, ask Bose to...". Voice control functions include-
- Play music set to a SoundTouch preset.
- Play content in a specific room.
- Play the same music on all SoundTouch devices (everywhere).
- Find out what's playing.
- Play/pause/resume and skip tracks.
- Adjust volume.
- Turn on/off.
Mounting Options: For best performance, set the SoundTouch Wireless Link on its rubber base during use. To avoid wireless interference, place the SoundTouch Wireless Link outside and away from metal cabinets. Within a non-metal cabinet, place the SoundTouch Wireless Link away from direct heat sources (such as other audio/video equipment) to avoid impact to performance.
microUSB Port (Setup Only): The SoundTouch Wireless Link's s microUSB port is for setup only. The microUSB port is not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
AC Power: The SoundTouch Wireless Link operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter.