Take home theater sound higher with Definitive Technology and Dolby Atmos
If you own or are considering a pair of Definitive Technology's BP-8060ST tower speakers, first of all — congratulations! They are really fantastic speakers. Secondly, we have something else to show you. When you add these Definitive Technology A60 Elevation speakers to those towers, you can get some pretty amazing home theater sound. The A60 Elevation speakers are designed to work with Dolby Atmos soundtracks. Not familiar with Dolby Atmos? It's the latest surround sound technology from the movie- and theater-sound experts at Dolby Laboratories. It adds a height dimension to your home theater, for enhanced immersion and spatial effects.
The A60 Elevation speakers were designed to fit on top of the Definitive Technology BP-8060ST tower speakers to create a seamless cabinet capable of front and height sound (BP-8060ST not included).
Bounce sound off the ceiling for enhanced surround effects
How do these speakers work? Each features a 3" driver on the top of the speaker. These drivers are angled and feature controlled dispersion, so they can reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening positions. The A60 speakers attach to the top of the BP-8060ST tower speakers. Use a pair of A60s with your front towers, or add another pair to the rear surround towers for an even more enveloping experience.
Custom-built for the BP-8060ST speakers
The A60 Elevation speakers are easy to install on top of the BP-8060ST speakers. Just remove the top cap on each tower speaker, line up the holes on the bottom of each A60 with the pegs on the top of the tower speaker. Gently push the A60s down, and you're ready for an intense home theater experience. The A60s features binding post speaker terminals for connection to your Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's "Height" or "Top" outputs. Don't have a Dolby Atmos capable receiver? Check out our selection.
Making movie night spectacular
With smooth midrange and upper bass performance, the A60 Elevation speakers add realism and drama to your Dolby Atmos capable home theater. High frequencies are digitally processed to enhance the perception of height, for huge sound that extends well beyond the plane of your speakers. Special foam is used around the baffle to dampen sounds that aren't dispersed toward the ceiling for reflection down to your seats.
- Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules
- Designed for use with the Definitive Technology BP-8060ST tower speakers
- A60 speakers attach to the top of the BP-8060ST speakers
- Drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- Acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- 3" poly-composite cone midrange driver in each speaker
- Frequency response: 200-15,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Recommended amplifier power: up to 100 watts
- Binding post speaker terminals
- Includes wire management loop
- 6"W x 4"H x 13-1/8"D
- the following components are required for Dolby Atmos playback with these speakers: two Definitive Technology BP-8060ST tower speakers, a Dolby Atmos capable home theater receiver, and a Blu-ray player connected to the receiver via HDMI and set to bitstream output