A multi-zone entertainment powerhouse
Back in the day, if you wanted a multi-room A/V system you were often saddled with a rack full of large, hard-to-control components. Now, you can create a multi-zone setup with a single receiver, and control things from your phone, tablet, or favorite virtual assistant. That's pretty slick!
Denon's AVR-X3600H combines the convenience of app control with just about every other wireless bell and whistle you could ask for in a home theater receiver. Plus, with "old school" features like composite and component video switching, this nine-channel powerhouse will play virtually any source you throw at it.
Enjoy a true home theater experience
One of my favorite things to do is watch shows like Stranger Things in surround sound. Experiencing the sound effects of a well-produced soundtrack as they come to life in my living room helps suspend reality for a couple of hours while I get lost in my Netflix queue.
The AVR-X3600H has outputs for 11 speakers, and it can power up to nine at the same time. This gives you the flexibility to choose from different home theater and wired multi-room music configurations.
Use all nine channels in a 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X™ system, or go with a more modest surround sound setup and repurpose the extra channels for music in another zone.
Enjoy music your way
If you're like me, you'll use your new receiver to play music in addition to watching movies. The 'X3600H lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even Apple AirPlay 2.
Love spinning vinyl? This receiver has a built-in phono input for your turntable. And if you've carefully curated an awesome music library, you can play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
Expand your system with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you access all of your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the 'X3600H.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system as well. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app.
The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Just ask Alexa...
The HEOS Home Entertainment skill for Amazon Alexa lets you use your Echo devices to issue voice commands to the AVR-X3600H. You can easily switch inputs and control volume and playback on the receiver and other HEOS enabled devices.
Alexa can also help you search for music and stream different content to different rooms in your multi-room HEOS system.
...or your Google Assistant
The 'X3600H is also compatible with Google Assistant-enabled devices. Launch a song in the HEOS app, and then ask your Google Home or Google Pixel phone to change volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 105 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization (via future firmware update) and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 7.2-channel sound in main room
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that both zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- HDMI audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, via a single HDMI connection to your TV
- passes full-resolution surround sound signals from over-the-air broadcasts and streaming media
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- 3 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs (include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers)
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12-volt trigger connections for use with optional third-party controller
- full-sized headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Denon AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/4"W x 6-5/8"H x 16-1/8"D (9-1/4"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)