eero is the world’s simplest, most-reliable home Wi-Fi system. Start with an individual eero to cover a small space or apartment, or add an eero to an existing system. With two Ethernet ports, eero is perfect for media rooms or anywhere customers have Ethernet wiring. With the most intelligent Wi-Fi technology and powerful hardware, this 2nd-generation eero is 2x faster than the original eero Home Wi-Fi System. Unlike other systems and traditional routers, eeros receive regular, automatic security updates. If a new threat arises, an update can be made immediately. eero's regular software updates range from bug fixes to performance improvements to exciting new features, such as enhanced speeds or a custom Amazon Alexa skill.
eero TrueMesh™ software is built from the ground up to work perfectly with eero hardware. Developed using machine learning and data collected from hundreds of thousands of real homes, TrueMesh’s dynamic routing algorithms ensure there isn’t a home layout or connected device eero hasn’t encountered before. With TrueMesh, Wi-Fi hops between eeros to travel down hallways or go around walls. Most other Wi-Fi systems only allow for one hop in any direction, so something as simple as a wall can mean that devices can’t get the Wi-Fi they need. eero allows for more hops with less speed degradation, so installers can cover any home and navigate around any obstacle. TrueMesh technology knows the signal strength between each eero in the home and calculates the best path from a device to the internet. If there’s a disruption on any part of the network, TrueMesh dynamically reroutes traffic to keep it perfectly balanced. All this happens in the background so users don’t notice a thing.
Whether customers have Ethernet installed throughout their house or just in a single room, eeros can automatically mesh over Ethernet. As the only system that can leverage Ethernet wiring in any configuration, eero ensures users always get the fastest speeds and the best coverage.
- eero (When Wireless): Tri-band Wi-Fi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, and 5.8GHz wireless 2x2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- eero (When Wired): Dual auto-sensing Gigabit ports for WAN and/or LAN connectivity
- Smart Home Connectivity: Thread 1.1 Border Router, Bluetooth® LE 4.2
- Electrical Requirements: 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Required for Setup: Supported iOS or Android™ device, Internet service (with cable or DSL modem, if required)
- Processor, Memory and Storage: 700 MHz quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB flash storage
- Security and Network Services: WPA2 encryption, Family Profiles, DHCP, NAT, VPN Passthrough, UPnP, Static IP, and Port Forwarding
- Dimensions: eero: 4.76" (121mm) x 4.76" (121mm) x 1.26" (32mm)