The versatile Marantz AV8805 pre-amplifier redefines audiophile home cinema and music listening with an unprecedented 13.2 channel processing capability, and supports virtually any high-resolution multichannel audio format. Customers become immersed in three-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X or Auro-3D. Enjoy enhanced audio quality supported by Marantz's proprietary current feedback and HDAM technology that passes signals through 15.2 channel XLR or 15.2 RCA outputs. Stream music throughout the home with HEOS multi-room listening and full wireless connectivity through the HEOS app or Amazon Alexa Voice Control, supported by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Apple Airplay. With the Marantz AV8805, get incredible fidelity and unparalleled audio precision.
- 13.2 channel processing with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages, ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Enjoy immersive, three-dimensional sound with the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4), DTS:X and Auro-3D (up to 13.1)
- High-performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels provide the highest resolution for music and movies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ deliver equalization to best suit the listening environment
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support offer improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Listen from any room of the home with HEOS wireless music streaming technology and the HEOS app
- Ultimate visual quality with 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front, with full HDCP 2.2 support, plus three HDMI outputs (zones), plenty of inputs for customer's digital devices and the ability to support different video in different rooms
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources, plus full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Stream music from AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and more via the HEOS app
- Network music streaming supported via DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAVsupport for high-resolution, Hi-Fi listening
- Installation and operation are seamless with the Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote app
The 13.2 channel AV8805 with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs provide a flexible yet detailed pre-amplifier stage for the advanced home cinema enthusiast. Enjoy it with acoustically matching Marantz MM series power amplifiers, like the MM8077, and become immersed in three-dimensional audio provided by the latest integrated surround formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. Auro-3D will be enabled via a future firmware update at no additional charge. Marantz proprietary HDAM technology combines matched-precision discrete circuit elements with ultra-wide-end response for a wider soundstage and refined musical reproduction while built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi streaming and HEOS support, plus Apple AirPlay compatibility, let users stream and enjoy their favorite audio wirelessly.
The Marantz AV8805 is future-compatible, with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. AV8805 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through on every input. It is compatible with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), new HDR format for broadcasting and pass-through capability are also supported.
Customers can use their voice to stream their favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled AV Receiver. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with the user's voice. To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.” With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, customers can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
The Marantz AV8805 may be controlled with a Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with the Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in the receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AV8805 with the TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Whatever the customer's entertainment needs, the AV8805 delivers. Enjoy 13.2-channel surround sound in the main room, and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house. There are versatile configuration options for integrators thanks to the 13 channel processing capability.