Add streaming audio to a Russound multi-zone system
The Russound MBX-PRE lets you add music streaming to your custom-installed home audio system. You can connect it to an MCA-66, MCA-88, or MCA-88X controller in a multi-zone system. It has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless streaming, plus a Type-A USB port on the back for connecting a flash drive full of tunes.
The MBX-PRE features native streaming from Spotify, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, and more. And it has Chromecast built in for additional music streaming and control with compatible devices.
Voice control and more
There are several ways to control the MBX-PRE. You can issue voice commands and queries via Amazon Alexa and Google Home, or you can use a handy Russound XTSPlus in-wall touchscreen. For remote control on your mobile device, download the MyRussound™ app.
- music streaming source for a connected amplifier or MCA-series multi-zone controller
- responds to voice commands from Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- remote control via MyRussound app or Russound XTSPlus in-wall touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth®
- native streaming from Spotify, SiriusXM (subscription required), TIDAL, Deezer, Tunein, and vTuner
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- DLNA support for NAS drives
- wall mounting brackets included
- Toslink digital optical input
- connect your TV using the optical input (TV's audio output must be set to "PCM Audio"; Dolby Digital® not supported)
- 3.5mm analog input
- Type-A USB input for connecting a thumb drive
- Ethernet port for making a wired connection to a router
- high-res audio streaming support up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Toslink digital optical output
- stereo analog RCA output
- 12-volt trigger output