- 4×2 AV matrix switcher with HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C inputs
- USB-C input for AV, data, and device charging
- HDBaseT and HDMI outputs with selectable AV switching modes
- USB 2.0 interfacing and extension up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- 4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling on local ports (HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C)
- Selectable 4K to 1080p downscaling
The Atlona AT-OME-MS42 is a 4×2 matrix switcher with HDMI, USB-C, and DisplayPort inputs, plus HDMI and HDBaseT outputs. It is also available as the AT-OME-MS42-KIT with the AT-OME-EX-RX receiver. Part of the Omega™ Series of integration products for modern AV communications and collaboration, the OME-MS42 is HDCP 2.2 compliant and features HDBaseT extension for video up to 4K/60 4:2:0, plus embedded audio, control, Ethernet, and USB over distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). All inputs and the local HDMI output support 4K HDR and 4K/60 4:4:4 at HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. Additionally, 4K downscaling to 1080p @ 60, 30, or 24 Hz is available for the HDMI output when connected to an HD sink. The integrated USB extension addresses the challenge of connecting between USB devices at remote locations, and is ideal for software video conferencing and touch or interactive displays. The OME-MS42 includes USB 2.0 and USB-C interfaces for three host PCs, plus two peripheral devices such as a camera, microphone, speakerphone, or keyboard and mouse. It is available with the OME-EX-RX receiver as the OME-MS42-KIT.
USB Extension for Video Conferencing with Zoom, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and More
The OME-MS42 features integrated USB extension over HDBaseT up to 330 feet (100 meters). This capability, plus interfacing for host PCs and USB peripherals makes the OME-MS42 ideal for video conferencing and UC (unified communications) platforms such as Zoom, Skype® for Business, Microsoft® Teams®, Cisco® Webex®, BlueJeans, and GoToMeeting®. Available from Atlona is the AT-HDVS-CAM PTZ camera with USB interface.
Versatile Matrix Switcher, Scaler, and Extender
The OME-MS42 is ideal for video conferencing and many other 4K presentation applications with the OME-EX-RX receiver and OME-SR21 scaling receiver. It combines the benefits of auto-switching, integrated display control, USB extension, and more. The OME-MS42 incorporates many popular integration convenience features, while delivering excellent performance and value for 4K presentation and video conferencing applications. The USB-C input is ideal for AV interfacing with newer laptops and mobile devices, plus data connectivity (to the local USB hub and over HDBaseT). The OME-MS42 is designed to be remotely powered by the OME-EX-RX or OME-SR21 receiver through PoE+ (Power over Ethernet). Alternatively, with the optional AT-PS-245-D4 power supply, the OME-MS42 can provide PoE powering to a compatible receiver, and charge laptops and mobile devices through the USB-C port. For additional integration convenience, the OME-MS42 features audio de-embedding and remote management with AMS (Atlona Management System).
Automatic Display Control
The OME-MS42 can provide control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the OME-MS42 can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected to the OME-MS42. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the OME-MS42 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The OME-MS42 display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
When the HDMI and HDBaseT outputs are mirrored, the OME-MS42 can automatically select an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Video conferencing – With the OME-EX-RX or OME-SR21 receiver, this switcher provides interfacing for local and remote USB devices for soft codec conferencing, with video and USB switched together between host PCs. As a matrix switcher with downscaling, the OME-MS42 is also ideal for hardware-based video conferencing, with the ability to route and optimize any source content to the codec far-end.
- Meeting rooms and conference rooms – The OME-MS42 can serve as an AV integration centerpiece in a credenza, with interfacing into sources in the rack.
- Auditoriums and lecture halls – This switcher can be used for presenting 4K video content through the projector, while also optimizing for a 1080p confidence monitor.
The OME-MS42 is not compatible with the Atlona HDVS-300 system for USB extension.