They combine thoughtful cabinet design with high-tech driver components for huge, natural sound. The D7 is the smallest speaker in company's Demand Series lineup, and it offers terrific stereo performance without taking up too much space in your room.
A tweeter designed with music in mind
One of the coolest parts of the D7 is its all-new tweeter design. Each speaker uses a 1" annealed (heated and then slowly cooled) aluminum tweeter for super-smooth, natural highs. Each tweeter is offset from its corresponding woofer by 5°, which helps it deliver a precise center image — a crucial component of the stereo listening experience.
Def Tech employs its Linear Response Waveguide™ on each tweeter, which helps create a wide "sweet spot" and a lifelike soundstage. Each speaker is labeled as "right" or "left" to optimize stereo playback (and for visual reference, the left speaker's tweeter is offset to the left of the woofer, and vice versa for the right speaker).
Solid midrange and bass
Each D7 sports a 4" Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) polypropylene woofer. These custom-designed drivers deliver articulate midrange and punchy bass. A rear-firing port on each enclosure extends low-frequency response while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- pair of high-performance bookshelf speakers for music or home theater
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™ for excellent high-frequency performance
- laterally offset tweeter assembly helps creates a precise center stereo image
- 4-1/2" BDSS™ (Balanced Double Surround System) polypropylene woofer for smooth midrange and punchy bass
- Linear Response Waveguide provides smooths off-axis frequency response and even sound dispersion
- bass reflex (ported) design
- frequency response: 67-21,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-125 watts
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 5-layer piano black high-gloss finish
- removable magnetic grille
- gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 5-9/16"W x 9-7/8"H x 9-1/8"D each